Friday, October 3, 2014

20 years of the Kennedys on Neighbours!

Photo from: Neighbours Facebook page



Okay, so most people who have known me for a while will be aware that I am a massive fan of long-running Australian soap opera, Neighbours. I've been watching the show since I was eight years old back in 1996. Today is a very important occasion in the history of Neighbours so I can't let it slip by unnoticed. October 3rd, 2014 marks 20 years since the Kennedy family i.e. Alan Fletcher (Dr. Karl Kennedy), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy), Benji McNair (Malcolm Kennedy), Kym Valentine (Libby Kennedy) and Billy Kennedy (Jesse Spencer) (and, yes in case you were wondering that's the very same Jesse Spencer who played Dr. Chase on House) arrived on Ramsay Street!

The Kennedys are my favourite TV family and one of my all-time favourite Neighbours families. I loved the Scullys to! I have grown up watching the Kennedys on TV every weeknight at 6:30pm and I can't believe how fast the 20 years have gone! I think some of my favourite Kennedy moments over the past 20 years have been the Kennedys arrival on Neighbours back in 1994, the famous slap that Susan gave Karl after his affair with Sarah (Nicola Charles) in 1998 and Libby and Drew's wedding in 2001. I actually didn't see the Kennedys arrival on the street when it first aired on TV because I was only six at the time but I've seen it on DVD a few times since then. I always crack up at the part where Danni (Eliza Szonert) and Brett Stark (Brett Blewitt) help the Kennedys move the piano (at least I think it was a piano?) and they make a huge hole in the wall, much to Karl's dismay.
 

I would like to congratulate Benji McNair, Kym Valentine, Jesse Spencer and especially, Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne, who of course are still kicking it on Neighbours as the legendary Dr. Karl and Susan Kennedy after 20 years on this amazing milestone. I'm pretty sure that Alan Fletcher and Kym Valentine will be reading this and possibly some other current members of the Neighbours cast and crew so thank you very much for giving me and so many other Neighbours fans 20 years of very fond memories.

If any other Neighbours fans are reading this what are your favourite Kennedy moments? Feel free to share them in the comment box below. I will leave you all with a special video tribute that I made in honour of this event. I hope you enjoy it! Happy 20th anniversary to the Kennedys and much love!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!