Monday, April 28, 2014

These are a few of my favourite things!

Well I know it's been a while and I know I said I would try and do weekly blog updates but to be honest I have been stressing so much about finishing college and what the next step of my life should be STARDUST was the last thing on my mind. Since finishing college though I've had some new inspiration if you will so here is the blog post that I mentioned a few months ago of some of the different posters that I have up on my bedroom wall so you can all see some of my favourite things in music, television and film.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my last blog post but I like to have posters around my room of my favourite music artists, television shows and movies. The reason for this is because I personally feel like my room is my sanctuary so I like to be surrounded by pictures that I enjoy. Here is a great tip for posters by the way. Instead of spending money on buying them I bought like a 50 pack of glossy paper and printed out pictures from Google images. My sister thinks it looks tacky but they actually come out in very good quality and it's cheaper so I really don't care if other people think it looks odd. So here are my favourite things...

My favourite movie of all-time is Almost Famous, starring Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. For those of you who haven't already seen the movie it's about a young music journalist, William Miller, who goes on tour with a rock band in the 1970s. I can kind of relate to this film because I have my own aspirations of going into entertainment journalism so I actually find it kind of inspiring to see how William does anything to achieve his dream, which is to get his article published in Rolling Stone magazine. Of course I can't mention Almost Famous without saying how awesome the music in the film is! I don't play any instruments nor can I sing but I have a pretty good ear for good music so I'm a bit of a music buff. That's another reason why I love this film so much! I think my favourite scene in the movie is the one where they're singing Tiny Dancer by Elton John on the bus.

This entertainer needs no introduction. My favourite musical artist is none other than the King of Pop, Michael Jackson! I really can't even begin to describe how much of a fan I am but I'll try (LOL!) Michael Jackson entertained us so well with his singing and dancing. I like a plethora of his songs. My Ipod has more of his music than any other artist. I have over 40 of his songs. Michael Jackson is a true inspiration for me because he went through so much in his life but somehow he managed to pull through it all. He was always very humble and generous even though he was one of the most famous people of our time. My favourite Michael Jackson song is Black Or White because it was the first song of his that I ever heard when I was about three or four years old. This poster of Michael Jackson that is pictured here is right above my bed.

I think everyone in Australia recognises this street sign, right? My favourite television show is Neighbours. I've been watching the show since I was eight years old so that's 18 years now! I try very hard not to miss an episode but you know sometimes it happens. I follow and interact with most of the cast online and have met quite a few past and present Neighbours cast members that's how much of a fan of the show I am. Neighbours has been my constant source of comfort and regularity when I've gone through some of the toughest moments in my life. I owe it so much! I know that might sound silly to some people that I'm so attached to a television show but I'm just being honest.

I am a sucker for sitcoms and I have a fair few that I really like including, Friends, The Nanny and Seinfeld but I think my favourite of them all is Everybody Loves Raymond! I think I've seen every episode about 20 times (but who's counting, right?) I can usually tell what episode of Everybody Loves Raymond is airing within a few seconds of viewing. That's how much I've seen it LOL! Frank is my favourite of the Barone clan. Without his funny catchphrases and quotes to Marie the show would not be nearly as funny.

My favourite celebrity couple of all-time is Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley (see, I told you I am a massive MJ fan!). Even though things obviously didn't work out between the two of them I think they were well suited and Lisa Marie Presly was a very good influence on him.

This picture isn't actually of any poster that I have in my bedroom. It's of my Twitter background and my Facebook cover photo. It is a collage of my top ten musical artists. The yellow guitar, the colourful musical notes and the Hollywood star at the bottom are just for decorative purposes and the quote in the middle is a great quote about music, which I think is true. I made the collage myself. I thought I'd include it so you can see of my other favourites.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Keep your eyes peeled to this blog for all the latest entertainment news from STARDUST over the next few days. Feel free to comment, discuss anything!

Photos: taken by Kim Ravia






  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!